[alert type=”danger” close=”false” heading=””]The San Diego Psychological Center, Inc. is an organization consisting of psychologists and other mental health professionals dedicated to finding creative solutions for life’s challenges. Take a look at the psychological services we offer and give us a call to discuss your specific needs. We are here to help you and your loved ones.[/alert]
The San Diego Psychological Center, Inc. is an outpatient mental health center which provides psychological assessments and treatment for:
- Culturally and sexually diverse individuals
The nature and scope of the specific psychological services will vary, depending on the condition.
Treatment starts with a psychological evaluation and assessment. The assessment includes evaluating the patient’s mood, functionality, adjustment, and coping abilities. Once the evaluation is completed, the psychologist will then discuss the findings and recommended treatment with the patient and, if necessary, with his or her family.
San Diego Psychological Center Individualized Treatment track includes:
- Individual Psychotherapy – Based on the initial evaluation, you will be seen for individual psychotherapy sessions. These sessions focus on educating you about your mental health concerns aiming at enhancing the overall functioning, adjustment and coping abilities. Family members or the partner may also be involved in selected treatment sessions.
- Psychological Testing – psych testing is conducted in some cases to obtain an objective and standardized measure of your cognitive functioning, emotional adjustment, personality and other mentally related areas in question.
- Neurofeedback – On the basis of the patient’s evaluation, individualized neurofeedback sessions may be recommended as well.
- Group Therapy – Based on the initial assessment findings, you may be referred for time-limited, theme-focused groups that are aimed at building cognitive enhancement or social/behavioral skills that are often fatigued following a mental health issue.
- Consultations – With your permission and informed consent we may consult with your referring physician and/or other outpatient team members involved in the your treatment for the duration of outpatient therapy.
Below is a list of all the services we currently offer.
Alcohol and Other Drugs Addictions (AOD)
Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Critical Incident Stress Debriefing
Employee Assistance Program
Expert Witness Services
Grief and Loss
Life Transition and Adjustment Issues
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Sexual Identity Disorders
Shyness & Social Skills Deficits
Violent and Sexual Offenders
Work Related Issues