Therapy involves a large commitment of time, money, and energy, so you should be very careful about the therapist you select. Although credentials, training, and experience are important, by far the most important factor is whether you feel you can connect with that person.
- Here are some questions you should answer when considering a particular therapist:
- Is the therapist licensed?
- Does the therapist have training and experience in the issues of interest to me?
- Does the therapist show an interest in and understanding of my concerns?
- Is the therapist able to talk to me in language I can understand?
- Is the therapist accessible and responsive?
- Does this therapist feel “right” to me-do I feel understood and safe.
February 2, 2015 2063 Psychology
Total 0 Votes:
Tell us how can we improve this post?
Log In is required for submitting new question.